Jensen Case Management, LLC provides varied care management services focusing on meeting the needs of aging adults and their families, often during a crisis or overwhelming transition. Maureen Jensen, RN/Owner, assists with assessing needs and locating resources. She also provides the missing link of care coordination that will maximize independence and decrease worry for families either living away or living locally and feeling overwhelmed.
Geographic areas we serve:
Upper Peninsula including Marquette, Gwinn, Negaunee, Ishpeming, Munising and Escanaba. Referrals to other Upper Peninsula locations and/or short term assessments/consultations are available on a case by case basis. These areas would include: Houghton, Hancock, Baraga, L’Anse, Calumet, Iron Mountain, Ironwood, Sault Ste. Marie, Manistique, and St. Ignace.
MAUREEN JENSEN, RN, BSN, CCM, MPA, CDP
Maureen Jensen has a unique blend of education and experience as a community health educator and registered nurse of 36 years.
She is a certified case manager (CCM), member of the Case Management Society of America since 1995 and an Advanced Professional Member/Midwest Board Member of the Aging Life Care Association. She is also a certified dementia practitioner (CDP).
Maureen’s experience in the nursing and health care arenas include: acute care, home health & hospice, acute care discharge planning, and catastrophic/complex chronic care management.
Maureen has a caring passion for her clients and families. She is a creative problem solver, effective communicator and has extensive assessment skills. Her experience with locating resources and navigating complex local and regional healthcare systems makes her a valuable asset to clients and families seeking help.
Maureen thrives on empowering others to overcome obstacles and reach meaningful goals to improve the quality of their lives and loved ones. Maureen’s life philosophy includes “giving back”. The cornerstone of her practice is: focused, action driven, and always moving forward.
An active member of her community, Maureen has been involved in her local Lions Club for 20 years and has served in leadership and board positions in many professional organizations.
Return to top
What is an Aging Life Care™ Manager?
An Aging Life Care Manager is dedicated to helping clients age well while also supporting quality of life for family members. This phase of a family’s journey together is often complicated. There is more to do than there is time. Relatives may live far away. Relations can become strained.
Our professional training and knowledge of best practices can ease the journey.
Every family is unique. As Aging Life Care Managers, we apply our insights and skills in 8 key areas to provide you with a positive care plan tailored to your family’s individual needs and strengths.
We offer expertise regarding:
- Health and disability: Through assessments and experience, we can help you understand what your loved one does well, and in what areas he or she could use additional help.
- Finances: A review of the current monetary situation will result in a plan to make resources stretch as efficiently as possibly while maintaining the desired level of comfort, dignity and safety.
- Housing: Based on the assessments, recommendations can be made for optimal living situations now, with a view to likely changes in the foreseeable future.
- Family: Sibling disagreements and old family history often make the aging journey difficult. Our training provides for skilled facilitation of family meetings and creation of a plan that takes everyone’s needs into account.
- Local Resources: There are programs available to help, but it’s difficult to know which one is the most appropriate for your situation. Save time and money by letting us objectively evaluate the situation and connect you to the resources best suited to your needs.
- Advocacy: Our comprehensive knowledge of the disjointed health care system allows us to monitor quality and lobby for the care and treatment your family wants.
- Legal: Let us help you identify issues and get key paperwork in order.
- Crisis Intervention: The unexpected is simply a fact of life in aging. We are experienced with elder emergencies and are ready to jump in at a moment’s notice.
Jensen Case Management, LLC is in the business of helping aging adults and their families to live well throughout the aging process. Give us a call at 906-250-4975 to discuss the many ways we can help you.
Return to top
How we are different
What makes an Aging Life Care Manager stand apart from the others is the commitment to stay focused on the needs of the client and family. Others may offer services for less, but what you receive cannot help but be influenced by the payment structure.
Senior advisors are paid referral fees to suggest elder care facilities. As a general rule, they have a more limited sphere of knowledge and do not hold a professional degree needed to give them expertise in the 8 key areas of elder care. Only those facilities willing to pay a finder’s fee will be included in their list of suggestions. There may be a more appropriate option, but it will not be mentioned if the facility does not pay for referrals.
Because we are paid directly by you, we are independent and objective. Our focus is 100% on the needs of your family and your aging loved ones. We apply our considerable skill and years of training to your unique situation.
When the issue is safety and quality of life, you deserve the best!
Return to top
Jensen Case Management utilizes a network of local professionals with varied and extensive experience. We put your needs first and are proud to provide a high quality level of commitment, necessary to achieve positive outcomes.
Return to top